South Queensland Visitor Information
Welcome to South Queensland
South Queensland is a popular destination for both domestic and international tourists. With its sunny weather, beautiful beaches, and stunning landscapes, there's plenty to see and do.
The easiest way to get to South Queensland is by plane. The region has three major airports: Brisbane Airport, Gold Coast Airport, and Sunshine Coast Airport. From there, you can hire a car or take public transport to your destination.
- Gold Coast - known for its theme parks, nightlife, and long beaches
- Sunshine Coast - perfect for nature lovers with its national parks, beaches, and wildlife
- Brisbane - the capital city of Queensland offers a mix of urban and natural attractions like the South Bank Parklands and Brisbane Botanic Gardens
- Fraiser Island - the world's largest sand island offers an unforgettable camping and fishing experience
- Noosa - famous for its beaches and national parks, Noosa is also a foodie haven with its locally sourced produce and seafood
Things to Do
South Queensland offers a range of activities for all types of travellers. Some popular things to do include:
- Hiking and bushwalking
- Visiting theme parks like Dreamworld, Movie World, and Sea World
- Exploring the Great Barrier Reef, which is accessible from Cairns in North Queensland via domestic flights
Where to Stay
South Queensland has a range of accommodation options to suit every budget and taste. From luxurious resorts and beachside apartments to budget-friendly hostels and camping sites.
When to Visit
The best time to visit South Queensland is during the dry season, which runs from May to October. The weather is mild, and there are fewer crowds than during the peak summer season. However, if you want to go whale watching, the best time is from June to November when humpback whales migrate along the coast.
Visit South Queensland
South Queensland offers something for everyone, whether you're after a relaxing beach holiday or an adventurous outdoor experience. With so much to see and do, it's no wonder it's such a popular destination.