South Queensland Galleries and Museums Directory
Be the first to advertise in South Queensland Galleries and Museums Directory!
We are developing south.qld.guide for you and early supporters can secure top of category and page one spots! If you would like to create a listing in South Queensland for your Business or Community Group first Create an Account
Replace this Ad with your content, Your listing updates this entire page!
View an example. Consider what Category might you list in? Do we have it?
Do you like the Galleries and Museums in South Queensland?
South Queensland Galleries and Museums
Galleries, Museums and Historical Venues in and Around South Queensland
The region of South Queensland is a treasure trove of art, culture and history. From galleries showcasing contemporary art to museums preserving the past, this area of Queensland, Australia boasts a diverse range of attractions for art lovers and history buffs alike. Here are just a few of the top galleries, museums and historical venues in and around South Queensland.
- The Queensland Gallery of Modern Art (QAGOMA): Located in Brisbane, this world-class gallery boasts a stunning collection of contemporary art from Australia and around the world, as well as regular exhibitions and events.
- The Gold Coast City Gallery: Situated in Surfers Paradise, this gallery showcases a diverse range of art, including contemporary works, Indigenous art and touring exhibitions.
- The Redland Art Gallery: Based in Cleveland, this gallery features contemporary art exhibitions, as well as workshops and events for all ages.
- The Museum of Brisbane: Located in the heart of Brisbane's cultural precinct, this museum showcases the history and culture of Brisbane through interactive displays and exhibitions.
- The Beenleigh Historical Village and Museum: This open-air museum in Beenleigh allows visitors to step back in time and experience life in the 19th century, with various historical buildings and artifacts on display.
- The Commissariat Store Museum: This museum in Brisbane's Central Business District is housed in a historic building dating back to 1829 and features exhibitions on the early colonial history of Queensland, including the convict era.
- Old Government House: Located in the grounds of QUT Gardens Point in Brisbane, this stunning colonial building was the residence of Queensland's Governor from 1862 to 1910 and now houses a museum showcasing its rich history.
- Fort Lytton National Park: This historical fort in Brisbane's eastern suburbs was used for defense purposes from the late 1800s to the end of World War II and now operates as a heritage site, offering tours and exhibitions.
- The Ipswich Railway Workshops: These heritage-listed workshops in Ipswich were once the backbone of Queensland's railway industry and now feature a museum and art gallery, as well as regular events and workshops.
From contemporary art to colonial-era forts, South Queensland has something for everyone. Whether you're a fan of the arts or a history enthusiast, be sure to check out these top galleries, museums and historical venues in and around the region.
South Queensland Galleries and Museums Articles